Installing LifeBlog 2.0 on N90 09:55 on Wednesday
- Download software (a file with a dummy icon and usually a non-descriptive 8 letter name followed by .sis. This time of course, it was a descriptive lifeblog.sis)
- Choose the downloaded file in Finder and choose Send File to BlueTooth Device… from the Services menu. Send the file to the phone.
- On the phone, open the arrived message to start the install procedure.
- Say yes to confirm that yes, you really want to install the program.
- Say yes, you want to overwrite LifeBlog 1.7 with the new 2.0 version.
- Say continue to skip viewing certificate (or whatever, my phone is in Finnish)
- Roll your head when the phone asks if you want the application to start automatically when the phone is started. Press either yes or no. (I pressed yes, which yielded consequences explained below.)
- Installation is finished.
Easy, isn’t it. I bet your mother could do it.
At this point I went to the Menu to start up the new LifeBlog. I clicked on the icon, and… a familiar blank screen… and back to the menu. I clicked again, and another 2 seconds of nothing and back to the menu. Great.
I shut down and restarted the phone (which, by the way if I haven’t mentioned, is really, really slow, and to make it feel even slower the lights are sometimes on even when the phone is not actually starting up). After entering my PIN, I get a really non-descriptive error message in English (my phone is in Finnish, mind you), about some process not being able to start or something.
I installed the software two more times with no improvement in operation. I deleted LifeBlog from the phone and installed again. I restarted. I installed more. I got rid of the startup error, but LifeBlog still won’t launch.
So, anyone care to throw a copy of LifeBlog 1.7 my way?